guix-devel

Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 15:22:06 +0100

Felipe López <address@hidden> skribis:

> Done. The SVG is in the repository now.

Thanks!

Commit 99ae9ce does preliminary integration.  I tested it on VMs as well
as raw hardware, and it works well.  :-)

There are a couple of shortcomings:

  1. I didn’t know how to get the screen’s aspect ratio so that grub.cfg
     would load the right image.  Any ideas?

  2. ‘set color_normal’ and similar only allow the use of color names
     (see color.c in GRUB), so I wasn’t able to specify the right colors
     for the menu items and border.

     Apparently there’s a CSS-like theme format.  Would you be able to
     come up with the right incantation?

The code for this is at
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system/grub.scm>.

Thanks,