guix-devel

Atheros firmware support

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Atheros firmware support
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:59:47 +0100

Commit 1306b0b fixes a miscompilation of the ath9k-htc-firmware package
(I had overlooked the fact that the upstream source patches Binutils and
GCC to get things done.)

Then commit f34c56b allows Linux-libre to load firmware that is listed
in the ‘firmware’ field of an OS declaration.

With all that, I’m happy to say that I can use the RYF-certified WiFi
device by ThinkPenguin¹!  :-)

Ludo’.

¹ http://www.fsf.org/news/ryf-certification-thinkpenguin-usb-with-atheros-chip