guix-devel

Re: [ART] Background image for login manager and desktop

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: [ART] Background image for login manager and desktop
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:53:10 +0100

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 03:00:39PM -0500, Felipe López wrote:
> Here is a variant of the SLiM theme with the GNU:
>
> http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guix/panel-gnu.png
>
> This one has the GNU head as well but all elements are centered on the
> screen (needs modification of slim.theme file):
>
> http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guix/panel-gnu-centered.png

The first one is much better, I think. The second one is too symmetric and
vertically stacked. Something to try, maybe: As in the grub screen, make
the gnu more subtle, like a watermark in the background. But then it would
need to be moved away from the wave; maybe more to the top left of the screen,
"riding on the wave". Something you could also try independently of the
watermark, by the way.

I prefer the first solution with gnu logo to the one without logo.

As Bruno, I am not sure the text "login" is needed, although it has its
graphic appeal. Whether we would want to have the text "GNU", I do not have
an opinion (yet?).

Andreas