guix-devel

Re: [ART] Background image for login manager and desktop

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: [ART] Background image for login manager and desktop
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:49:50 -0500

On 13/11/14 07:12, Andreas Enge wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 07:23:07PM -0500, Felipe López wrote:
>> The only decent position I could find for the head as a watermark was this:
>> http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guix/panel-gnu-watermark.png
>> The GNU head overlaps with the waves, but the same happens in the other
>> variants.
>
> Very nice! I prefer this one, I find it more expressive. The overlapping is
> not a problem; I just worried that it might disturb the graphics of the gnu
> head, but it does not. Anyway, as Ludovic suggested, we should let the
> artist decide now!

Let's use that one then.

I pushed the new panel to the art repository. The input controls in the
theme may need to be updated (I can't install SLiM in the machine I'm
using to make the changes myself, sorry).

Also, I didn't update the copyright and license information of the panel
files. All the work I do is in the public domain and I indicate it in
the SVG metadata. But in the panel image we are using the "Bold GNU
Head" by  Aurelio A. Heckert and it is licensed under the  CC-BY-SA 2.0
license. Also, the slim.theme file seems to be GPL? So I don't know how
to deal with all those licenses :)

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/