guix-devel

Re: [ART] Background image for login manager and desktop

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [ART] Background image for login manager and desktop
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 23:16:20 +0100

Felipe López <address@hidden> skribis:

> I pushed the new panel to the art repository. The input controls in the
> theme may need to be updated (I can't install SLiM in the machine I'm
> using to make the changes myself, sorry).

I’ve done the changes to slim.theme.  It doesn’t look as on the mock-up,
because panel.png is smaller relative to the background:

JPEG image

> Also, I didn't update the copyright and license information of the panel
> files. All the work I do is in the public domain and I indicate it in
> the SVG metadata. But in the panel image we are using the "Bold GNU
> Head" by  Aurelio A. Heckert and it is licensed under the  CC-BY-SA 2.0
> license. Also, the slim.theme file seems to be GPL? So I don't know how
> to deal with all those licenses :)

IANAL, but I don’t think slim.theme alone is really copyrightable,
because it only makes sense as part of the whole theme (otherwise it’s
just a pointless list of numbers.)  So I guess that the combined work is
under CC-BY-SA 2.0.

Thanks!

Ludo’.