guix-devel

Re: lsh-service definition in documentation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: lsh-service definition in documentation
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:54:43 +0100

Adam Pribyl <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2014, Adam Pribyl wrote:
>
>> I am not sure if the doc is wrong or it has changed in the guix but
>> the definition of lsh service as it is at
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Using-the-Configuration-System.html#Using-the-Configuration-System
>>
>> (services (cons (lsh-service #:port 2222 #:allow-root-login? #t)
>>                  %base-services)))
>>
>> is wrong, there should be
>>
>> (services (cons (lsh-service #:port-number 2222 #:root-login? #t)
>>                  %base-services)))
>>

>> at least this is how it works for me and conforms to:
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Networking-Services.html#Networking-Services
>
> And the chapter
> http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Networking-Services.html#Networking-Services
> defines networking and ssh modules under "system" but they are under
> "service".
> I.e not
> (gnu system networking)
> but
> (gnu service networking)

Oops, I’ve now fixed both.

> nevertheles, defining dhcp-client-service does not provide a
> networking anyway, so ssh-daemon (lshd) service is not working.

Could you check what’s wrong with DHCP?  ‘deco status networking’ should
give you the PID of the DHCP client; from there, could you type “cat
/proc/THE-PID-OF-DHCP/cmdline” and check the list of networking
interfaces that are passed as arguments?

Also, does “deco restart networking” help?

Thanks,
Ludo’.