guix-devel

Re: Advice needed on gcc error

From: Adam Pribyl
Subject: Re: Advice needed on gcc error
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 22:10:20 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

Saul Hazledine <address@hidden> skribis:

Thank you very much for your offer of help. I have the problem that I
cannot login to the machine over ssh to get the log file. I have
installed both openssh and lsh (using hydra) but I cannot find an ssh
daemon.

I have also added (use-modules (gnu services ssh)) to /etc/config.scm
and ran  'guix system reconfigure' but no ssh daemon is started.

You need to add a call to ‘lsh-service’ in the ‘services’ field of the
configuration, similar to what is shown at

<http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Using-the-Configuration-System>.

Also, ATM it is necessary to reboot after ‘reconfigure’ for new services
to be started (that limitation will be removed hopefully soon.)

This is exactly the same thing I am triing to achieve. But the lsh-service
(ssh-daemon) has a dependency on the networking service, which I am not
able to provide - this is the reason why I did add also a
dhcp-client-service, but it seems to not work, as there is no network even
after reconfigure and reboot.

deco status dmd
Started: (nscd file-system-/dev/shm dmd host-name term-tty1 loopback
guix-daemon console-font-tty1 root-file-system user-unmount term-tty4
term-tty5 udev term-tty6 term-tty2 term-tty3 user-processes
console-font-tty4 console-font-tty5 console-font-tty6 console-font-tty2
console-font-tty3 file-system-/dev/pts syslogd)
Stopped: (ssh-daemon)

Obviously:
deco status networking
No service at all providing networking.

I totally understand if you do not want to take up time trying to
solve newbie errors. However, my hope is that these problems provide
useful information for guix development.

It’s definitely useful!

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Adam Pribyl