guix-devel

Re: Howto run guix.el correctly?

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Howto run guix.el correctly?
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:01:30 +0300

Ludovic Courtès (2014-11-23 01:17 +0300) wrote:

> David Thompson <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I am experiencing the exact same issue.  If you check *Guix REPL*,
>> you'll see that compiling 'guix-main.scm' fails for some reason.  Not
>> sure why.  I gave up on it for now.
>
> Can you try ,bt and ,error in there?

IIUC the REPL is dead, so what can be done is sending the full contents
of *Guix REPL* buffer here so we could look at it.

> Most likely, either Geiser’s or Guix’s Scheme modules are not in the
> search path when the REPL is started.  I had to fiddle with
> ‘geiser-scheme-dir’ and ‘geiser-guile-load-path’.

No need to fiddle with ‘geiser-scheme-dir’: it should be set properly if
you have ‘(require 'geiser-install)’ in your emacs config.

Also you made a commit for ‘geiser-guile-load-path’ (a1ca1b7) after the
release, so fiddling with this var will not take any effect.

David wrote on #guix that he has "~/.guile" file with some additional
settings.  AFAICT it is loaded only if ‘geiser-guile-load-init-file-p’
was set to a non-nil value.

--
Alex