guix-devel

Re: Running X on Guix 0.8

From: Adam Pribyl
Subject: Re: Running X on Guix 0.8
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:29:56 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014, Omar Radwan wrote:

I'm running Guix on one of my computers, I've installed icecat, xorg, and
windowmaker. I was wondering whether it was possible to run X.

I did not test it on 0.8 yet, but for 0.7 you have to start Xorg with module path to your profile like
Xorg -modulepath  /root/.guix-profile/lib/xorg/modules/

not sure if there is some more elegant way, but this worked.

Adam Pribyl