guix-devel

Installing the system from another distro

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Installing the system from another distro
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:43:10 +0300

Hello, I've tried to install the Guix system from my current system
("Arch Linux") where I use the Guix package manager:

  ./pre-inst-env guix system init /path/to/my-os-config.scm /mnt/guix

Unfortunately it failed (os-config and the backtrace are attached).
So I wonder: is installing from another distro supported? or the only
right way is to use an usb image?

Thanks in advance.