guix-devel

Re: poor scrolling in qemu-kvm

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: poor scrolling in qemu-kvm
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 22:20:17 +0100

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 09:53:54PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Long story short: we just need to update MESA to use the newer libdrm,
> and we should be able to fix that.
> Would you like to try?  :-)

I did try to update mesa, which was the source of some new packages in the
xorg module. However, if I remember correctly, a newer mesa would essentially
force us to upgrade all of our X. And so far, the policy has been to stay with
the releases stable R7.7. Just as a warning that by upgrading something, you
may be in for upgrading a lot, which we might not wish to do.

Andreas