guix-devel

Re: Howto run guix.el correctly?

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Howto run guix.el correctly?
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 15:20:23 +0300

Ludovic Courtès (2014-11-27 01:41 +0300) wrote:

> Alex Kost <address@hidden> skribis:

[...]
>>> Actually, since it’s going to be used in most packages, what about
>>> adding an ‘install-autoloads’ procedure in (guix build emacs-utils)?
>>> So the above would become
>>>
>>>   (alist-cons-after
>>>    'install 'post-install
>>>    (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
>>>      (install-autoloads (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
>>>    %standard-phases)
>>
>> OK.
>>
>>> Or better yet, (guix build emacs-utils) could provide
>>> %standard-emacs-phases.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>
>> The problem is that I don't understand what these %standard-emacs-phases
>> should be,
>
> (define %standard-emacs-phases
>   (alist-cons-after
>    'install 'post-install
>    (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
>      (install-autoloads (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
>    %standard-phases))

Sorry, I didn't get how it would work.  I realized that I don't
understand how there could be a generalized ‘install-autoloads’
procedure as it should do different things for different packages.

>> that's why I wanted to do it step-by-step.  I don't see general
>> patterns right now.  Some packages would require just making a link as
>> with geiser, other packages require generating autoloads and maybe
>> some others require additional steps.  What about making
>> "wip-emacs-packages" branch and to put the appropriate changes there
>> for now?
>
> Sure!

Thanks, I have created "wip-emacs-packages" branch: the elisp code is
ready, so now I'm going to walk through existing emacs packages in order
to add “…-autoloads.el” to each one.

--
Alex