guix-devel

Re: Packaging Coq

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Packaging Coq
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 09:59:56 -0500

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 06:56:25PM -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
>> Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:
>> > Instead of this, you could use
>> >   #:make-flags '("world")
>> IMO, this is a misuse of #:make-flags.  'world' is not a make flag, it
>> is a make *target*.  The make flags are also passed to 'make' during the
>> default 'check' and 'install' phases.
>
> In that case, maybe we should add a variable 'build-target' to our build
> system.

Sounds reasonable to me, although it should be 'build-targets' since
there is often more than one.  Ditto for 'install-targets' and
'check-targets' (or 'test-targets') if we don't already have them.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that these are needed often enough to
justify these new variables.  What do others think?

     Mark