guix-devel

Re: gobject-introspection typelibs and shared libraries

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: Re: gobject-introspection typelibs and shared libraries
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 20:30:00 +0100

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Exactly.  So it’s better to push a patch that adds it right after the
> patch that fixes g-ir-scanner.

I've pushed the two changes and see that it breaks several packages
depending on gobject-introspection.
Looking randomly at some of the failures I see that pango and
gdk-pixbuf fail to build (and many other failures are a consequence of
one of these two). So I've tried to build pango with
gobject-introspection 1.42.0 without any change (no patch, no
native-search-path) and without the patch, but with
native-search-path. However, it always fails to build.

So, I've updated pango to the latest 1.36.8 and it builds with the new
and patched gobject-introspection and I see that the gir files of the
former include the full path of dynamic libraries.

I've then updated pix-buf to the latest and it builds fine, but have 2
out of 74 test failures.

What do you prefer? Revert to gobject-introspection 1.38.0, or got
down the version dependency hell?

Regards,
Fede