guix-devel

SLiM session types

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: SLiM session types
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 16:28:50 +0100

宋文武 <address@hidden> skribis:

> And currently ratposion and windowmaker are hardcoded,
> how about make sessions configurable?
> Like:
>     (define %default-sessions
>       `(("windowmaker" . #~(execl #$windowmaker "/bin/wmaker"))
>         ("ratposion" . #~(execl #$ratposion "/bin/ratposion"))))
>
>     (define* (slim-service #:key (sessions %default-sessions)

I agree that something along these lines is needed.

However, these session types are currently unused.  SLiM is supposed to
support session choice from the log-in screen, but for that, a
‘session_dir’ key needs to be added to slim.cfg (in xorg.scm).

The ‘session_dir’ value should be the name of a directory containing
entries describing the various session types available, in a format that
SLiM understands.

Would you like to try adding that?

Thanks,
Ludo’.