guix-devel

Preliminary 'wip-armhf' branch pushed

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Preliminary 'wip-armhf' branch pushed
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 12:31:03 -0500

Hello Guix,

I've pushed a new branch 'wip-armhf' (not to be confused with 'wip-arm')
which seems likely to finish natively building bootstrap tarballs soon.
It is based on the 'core-updates' branch.

I chose system name "armhf-linux", GNU triplet "arm-linux-gnueabihf",
and the following GCC configure flags:

   --with-arch=armv7-a
   --with-float=hard
   --with-mode=thumb
   --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16

I believe this coincides with what Debian does for their 'armhf' port.

This branch is *not* ready for use.  For one thing, the current
bootstrap tarballs are cross-compiled, and we should wait for the
natively-compiled ones.

The branch is for review.  Comments and suggestions solicited!

      Mark