guix-devel

Circular dependencies in python modules

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Circular dependencies in python modules
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:08:47 +0100

Hello!

To package zeitgeist, I need python2-rdflib. With python 3, there was no
problem, but with python 2, there seems to be a dependency on sparqlwrapper:

Installed
/gnu/store/kxd0yf301yz53cp8lyn7acyha78sfcjk-python2-rdflib-4.1.2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rdflib-4.1.2-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for rdflib==4.1.2
Searching for SPARQLWrapper
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/SPARQLWrapper/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/SPARQLWrapper/: [Errno -2]
Name or service not known -- Some packages may not be found!
Couldn't find index page for 'SPARQLWrapper' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/: [Errno -2] Name or service
not known -- Some packages may not be found!
No local packages or download links found for SPARQLWrapper
error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('SPARQLWrapper')
phase `install' failed after 1 seconds

But sparqlwrapper depends on rdflib (I tried it out, and its web page
also states this). How is this possible, and how is it solved?

Andreas