guix-devel

Wireless networking in guix

From: Omar Radwan
Subject: Wireless networking in guix
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 18:56:46 -0800

I recently purchased a ThinkPenguin Wireless USB adapter because I have a built-in Intel wireless card to work with my Thinkpad. I've been spending some time to get wireless up and running, and I can say with the utilities like wpa-supplicant, iw, and ip, it's a very tedious process every time you wanted to get your wireless network up and running. I think we should get a wireless network manager, and I do not recommend NetworkManager since it has a dependency on systemd and we don't have that. I would recommend wicd, except that its development it practically dried up, but it's still usable, I don't know of any other network managers, but maybe we should look into it.