guix-devel

Re: Wireless networking in guix

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: Wireless networking in guix
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 06:39:45 +1100

> NetworkManager ... has a dependency on systemd

This, as mentioned in other messages, is possible to avoid.

However I wanted to mention that, to my knowledge, there is no legitimate
reason to avoid having systemd as an option in the GUIX distro. The only means
by which a project is unsuccessful is if it becomes non-free. Systemd has not
done so. Therefore if someone is willing to package it and software that
depends on it, this should, to my knowledge, be allowed.

--
Svetlana Tkachenko