guix-devel

Re: Server unrresponsive

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Server unrresponsive
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 23:11:36 +0100

Sree Harsha Totakura <address@hidden> skribis:

> On 01/21/2015 04:04 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> This message suggests that hydra.gnu.org, the server that provides
>> pre-compiled binaries, is somewhat slow.
>>
>> This is unfortunately too frequent and we hope to switch to a more
>> powerful front-end server.
>>
> I believe switching to hydra.gnunet.org may be helpful.  Have you
> considered it?

I think we have just the right size in terms of x86 build machines.  The
front-end itself shouldn’t also be a build machine, because it already
has enough to do (evaluations + HTTP requests, which includes providing
compressed archives on demand.)

So I would like to keep hydra.gnunet.org as a build machine and to
switch to a dedicated box for the front-end.

The FSF might be able to help with that, otherwise we’ll go ahead and
get ourselves another machine, I think.  But I think it’s time to fix
that issue now.

Thanks,
Ludo’.