guix-devel

Guix != GNU GSD ==> True

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Guix != GNU GSD ==> True
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 00:49:19 -0200

Em Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:48:23 -0500
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> escreveu:

>   > The logo should say "A GNU System", which is both true and humble
>   > aas well as respectful of other GNU systems.
>
> It should say "GNU's advanced system distribution".

That's the logo of Guix, the package manager.  Therefore, I think it
should say "GNU's advanced package manager" or nothing at all.

I hope GNU GSD will have a logo of its own where your suggestion may
be written.

Furthermore, what about a Savannah project, a homepage at gnu.org, a
mailing list and an IRC channel of its own?

That way we can dissociate GNU GSD from Guix so much as possible in
order to make it an important project by itself, whose implications
and meaning go beyond Guix and thus is more than a side effect
thereof.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;

[GNU DISCLAIMER] I'm a GNU hacker, but my views don't necessarily
match those of the GNU project.  Hereby I express my own opinion,
style and perception, in good faith, aiming the betterment of GNU.