guix-devel

Re: Installation media requests

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Installation media requests
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 22:20:06 -0500

Kete Foy <address@hidden> writes:

> On 02/01/2015 11:52 AM, Alex Kost wrote:
>> And it is in GSD as well.  Do you mean you can't switch your console
>> layout using "loadkeys colemak"?  If so, then the problem is that the
>> upstream names this layout "en-latin9", so as a "workaround" you can try
>> "loadkeys en-latin9".
>>
> This worked.
> Thanks
>
> Mark Weaver also told me to see 6.2.3 in the manual to change the
> partition label setting to UUID. I learned to do this in case their
> are multiple partitions with the same label.

Unfortunately, although manual section 6.2.3 documents that 'title' can
be 'uuid', it's not yet implemented.  See 'canonicalize-device-spec' in
gnu/build/file-systems.scm:

  (case canonical-title
    ((device)
     ;; Nothing to do.
     spec)
    ((label)
     ;; Resolve the label.
     (let loop ((count 0))
       (let ((device (find-partition-by-label spec)))
         (or device
             ;; Some devices take a bit of time to appear, most notably USB
             ;; storage devices.  Thus, wait for the device to appear.
             (if (> count max-trials)
                 (error "failed to resolve partition label" spec)
                 (begin
                   (format #t "waiting for partition '~a' to appear...~%"
                           spec)
                   (sleep 1)
                   (loop (+ 1 count))))))))
    ;; TODO: Add support for UUIDs.