guix-devel

Re: VM image creation

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: VM image creation
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 13:41:56 +0100

Not normal: After installing qemu-kvm from debian, which resulted in:
[ ok ] Loading kvm module kvm_intel,
the error message changed from

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 01:16:29PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
> Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory
> failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory

Could not access KVM kernel module: Permission denied
failed to initialize KVM: Permission denied

As suggested by the fine manual, I added the user running guix as well
as the builders guix-builder1 etc. to the group kvm.
$ ll /dev/kvm
crw-rw---T+ 1 root kvm 10, 232 Feb  2 13:34 /dev/kvm
so that /dev/kvm can be read and written by them.
Nothing changed, and running the command as root fails with the same
message.

What am I missing?

Andreas