guix-devel

Re: 0.8.1 kernel panics

From: Omar Radwan
Subject: Re: 0.8.1 kernel panics
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 19:55:32 -0800

I think I know your problem. In your filesystems declaration,

(file-systems (cons (file-system
                        (device "root")
                        (title 'label)
                        (mount-point "/")
                        (type "ext4"))
                      %base-file-systems))

You left the default pseudo entry for (device), you need to enter your
hdd partition label that you plan installing GSD on. For example it
should be like this:

(file-systems (cons (file-system
                        (device "/dev/sda1")
                        (title 'label)