guix-devel

Re: Package List on Web Site

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Package List on Web Site
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 15:42:08 +0100

John Darrington <address@hidden> skribis:

> In particular, I have noticed that http://gnu.org/s/guix/package-list.html is
> now
> over 1.5 MB in size and is startign to take an unacceptably long time to load
> (at
> least for me).

I think it’s rendering that takes time, not transfer per se (unless you
have a very slow connection.)

I would like it to use David’s guix-web JS code to add the search box
and multiple-page split.  I suspect this would address the rendering
time and usability issues.  But of course, that would need help from
someone knowledgeable...  :-)

It would be ideal if this were done in a “progressive enhancement”
fashion, such that it can still be viewed in emacs-w3m.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.