guix-devel

Re: A secure multimedia workstation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: A secure multimedia workstation
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:56:28 +0100

Dirk Scheuring <address@hidden> skribis:

> "I performed the following changes to the files in /etc/pulse"
>
> when I realize that there is no /etc/pulse in Guix! Rather, the
> configuration files are represented - as is everything else - by their
> contribution to the hash values in /nix/store. Or that's how I currently
> understand it.

Right.  The “Defining Services” shows how to create service definitions
that potentially populate the store with the relevant configuration
files.

So it’s a different approach from what you may be used to: users do not
/modify/ config files; instead, they formally declare the /system state/
that they want, and /instantiate/ that configuration.

Thanks,
Ludo’.