guix-devel

Re: core-updates merged!

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: core-updates merged!
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 19:50:37 +0100

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 07:46:48PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
     On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 05:38:26PM +0100, Federico Beffa wrote:
     > Guile-ncurses was fixed by adding a new phase to generate the
     > "en_US.UTF-8" locale during the generation of the package

     This is interesting information! If I understand things correctly, I think
     a solution would be to have tons of locale-XX packages, where XX stands for
     the country code, the contents of which are created by calls to localedef.
     And maybe a package locales-all for people who have space and do not wish
     to choose. And a search path definition in glibc to set LOCPATH.

     What do you think?

To me, it sounds like a good idea.    I have never liked the debian way where
the
locales are compiled at install time.

J'

--