guix-devel

Re: [ART] Logo proposal

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [ART] Logo proposal
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:23:17 +0100

Luis Felipe López Acevedo <address@hidden> skribis:

> What worries me about staying close to the GNU branding is that it could
> create the confusion RMS wants to avoid (people thinking that GuixSD is
> *the* GNU OS and GNU's head its logo). He even suggested having a logo
> for Guix and GuixSD [1][2]. So I think it would be better to play it
> safe and avoid any conflict within the GNU Project. We can still
> emphasise the close relationship between GuixSD and the GNU Project, and
> hence the proposal of a wildebeest head as the logo for GuixSD too.

Yes, makes sense.

So, let’s use this GuixSD logo!

To begin with, I think we could use it in the GRUB and/or SLiM
backgrounds.  WDYT?

Then we’ll want to use it on the web site somehow, but the current
“site” is really just one page, and it would seem odd to have the two
logos upfront on the same page.

Thus, the first step would be to come up with a multi-page site (yay!)
and with appropriate style.  That probably means departing from the
gnu.org style sheets and server-side includes.  This is not an ideal
solution, but it easier than trying to adjust all of gnu.org to meet our
needs.  I would hope that whoever takes up this task communicates with
the gnu.org webmasters in an effort to collaborate in the longer run.

Thoughts?  Volunteers?

Lastly, I’m not sure what to do about the main Guix logo.  On one hand I
like the one you propose, but on the other I’m a bit reluctant to
change.

Thanks again!

Ludo’.