guix-devel

Re: Midi

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Midi
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:17:54 +0100

Andreas Enge writes:

> another message for Ricardo or anyone else interested in sound:
> Have we already got an application to play midi files on guix?
> I used to use timidity (with an appropriate rather large soundfont),
> but maybe there are better choices nowadays?

I know of no alternatives to timidity when it comes to a simple MIDI
player.  I wanted to package it a while ago but didn't get around to it.

Ardour 3 also comes with a MIDI sequencer; in combination with LV2 synth
plugins you could already get MIDI playback, but that's admittedly a
very heavy solution unless you already have Ardour running anyway.