guix-devel

GSoC project ideas

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: GSoC project ideas
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:45:30 +0100

Hello Guix!

GNU has applied as an organization to participate in Google’s Summer of
Code program again (see below.)

I see several Guix-related topics that we could propose:

  • Porting Guix to the Hurd, like last year (Manolis had applied for it
    last year but we didn’t get the slot because of miscommunication.)

  • Using GNUnet to distribute substitutes (same topic as last year,
    under the assumption that GNUnet’s status makes it feasible, which I
    haven’t checked yet.)

  • Writing a DHCP client library in Guile Scheme, possibly augmenting
    the socket API in Guile itself.  The idea is that it would allow us
    to have better integration of the DHCP service in dmd.

Any other ideas come to mind?  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: GNU in GSOC 2015 - Application sent Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:53:16 +0100 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/25.0.50 (gnu/linux)
Hi hackers!

We just sent our application to this year Google Summer of Code program.
Crossing fingers...  we will announce in this mailing list as soon as we
are notified that we are accepted, or rejected.

Now is the time of populating the ideas page at
http://www.gnu.org/s/soc-projects/ideas-2015.html

Please send to this list patches against ideas-2105.html (use the
previous years ideas pages at the obvious url for a template) containing
the list of ideas for your project.

It is ok to keep your own ideas page somewhere else: in that case please
send us its location so we can link it from the main page.

Salud!

--- End Message ---