guix-devel

Re: GuixSD kernel panic on linux-libre 3.18.7

From: Daniel Pimentel
Subject: Re: GuixSD kernel panic on linux-libre 3.18.7
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:28:02 -0300

On 2015-02-26 15:31, Mark H Weaver wrote:
Daniel Pimentel <address@hidden> writes:

I installed GuixSD on Lenovo X200 Tablet with success (Linux-Libre
3.18.4), but after upgrade (# guix pull; guix system reconfigure
/etc/config.scm) there is a kernel panic with kernel higher than
3.18.4 (last line):
kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exit code=0x00000100

P.S.: With old kernel (Linux-Libre 3.18.4) it's work.

You haven't given enough information, but the line above suggests that
the initialization program failed to boot the system.  This can happen
due to problems in your OS configuration. Is your OS config exactly the
same now as it was when you installed the working system.

Anyway, to debug the problem further, it would be useful to see:

* More of the messages printed before the last line.

* Your OS config, along with any memories you have about what you might
  have changed since it last worked.

      Mark
Attached a image with kernel panic (maybe I send Log too). Sorry for my late.

Thanks,
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)