guix-devel

Re: Website implementation

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: Website implementation
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 18:00:36 -0500

Luis Felipe López Acevedo <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2015-03-07 17:01, David Thompson wrote:
>> Luis Felipe López Acevedo <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Regarding the Guilish tool(s) to generate the site statically, I have
>>> these to compare
>>>
>>>      - Artanis <http://www.gnu.org/s/artanis/> (GNU Project)
>>
>> Artanis is intended for dynamic web applications, so I don't think it
>> would be particularly useful in this instance.
>
> I thought that its template mechanism could be used independently as I
> use Django's to generate my blog statically...

Yes, it could, that's true.  But, IIRC, Artanis came up with it's own
templating system that is more like the templating systems of other
languages.  I don't like that approach and prefer using s-expressions
and quasiquote.  Feel free to disagree, of course. :)

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org