guix-devel

Re: Libreoffice building (sort of)

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: Libreoffice building (sort of)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:01:41 +0100

On 2015-03-10 13:41, address@hidden wrote:
"白い熊 @相撲道" <address@hidden> skribis:

wget http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/snapshot/wip-libreoffice.tar.gz
guix pull --url=file:///path/to/wip-libreoffice.tar.gz
guix package -i libreoffice

It's building now, apparently everything from source, so probably a long way to go...

Let's see if it will put a unable libreoffice instance in the store...

Please let us know how it goes.  If it builds and is usable, we should
merge it.

Well it did build indeed! And now I have a working LibreOffice in the store. Tested briefly, works without a hitch so far.

Unrelated, but maybe you could advise me as I'm just starting to study Guix deeply:

Have I somehow "poluted" the environment via the pull of the wip-libreoffice tar? I'm asking this as I see a different behavior now with `guix package -d' and `-i' for other packages now than before, and a lot of building from source. Also `# guix gc' will delete as garbage a derivation of tar, bzip2, and module-import, and `# guix pull' spends a long time building these from source. And thus in a circle.

What can I do about this?
--
白い熊@相撲道