guix-devel

Re: Libreoffice building (sort of)

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: Libreoffice building (sort of)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 18:32:24 +0100

On 2015-03-11 17:34, Mark H Weaver wrote:
What you've done is to roll back your Guix to the 4-month-old version of
Guix that the 'wip-libreoffice' branch was based on.

The proper way would be to use 'git' to rebase that branch on our
current master branch, and then use that.  "guix pull" can't do that.

I'm asking this as I see a different behavior now
with `guix package -d' and `-i' for other packages now than before,
and a lot of building from source.

That's probably because Hydra has long ago deleted the binaries from 4
months ago.

Thanks a lot for this confirmation Mark, I suspected something like this must have happened when I saw the sourcebuilding...

How best to proceed from here to:
- get back to current master
- keep the built libreoffice in the store

I had an idea that pulling the current master from the downloaded file will bring me forward again, but doesn't seem it happened - still building from source.

I don't use Guix from git, this is the GuixSD installed as a clean system from USB. Is there no other way now than to clone the git guix, build it an rebase? How will it interact with the GuixSD version of the tools? Isn't this going to lead to more conflicts? How do I insure the git guix will take precedende - just make sure to run local commands only from the git build directory?

Or would maybe now a system reconfigure bring me forward? What is the cleanest way?
--
白い熊@相撲道