guix-devel

Re: rename of dnsmasq module to dns, adding bind-utils

From: Tomáš Čech
Subject: Re: rename of dnsmasq module to dns, adding bind-utils
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:46:49 +0100

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 07:49:34AM -0400, David Thompson wrote:
Tomáš Čech <address@hidden> writes:

Package bind-utils is working correctly and I can't see any problem but it
makes `guix lint' cry:

$ guix lint bind-utils
;;; Failed to autoload make-session in (gnutls):..tive]...
;;; ERROR: missing interface for module (gnutls)

You're missing the Guile bindings for GnuTLS.

Thanks to David we figured out that I am missing GUILE_LOAD_PATH and
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH correctly set in my environment.

I didn't have gnutls or guile as part of my user profile. I have guile in my
system profile but gnutls there missing.

Installing guile into my user profile and setting environment worked as
workaround in my case.

Best regards,

S_W