guix-devel

Re: System configuration, ~/.profile, custom path etc.

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: System configuration, ~/.profile, custom path etc.
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:01:09 +0100

On 2015-03-16 19:48, Andreas Enge wrote:
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 07:20:27PM +0100, 白い熊@相撲道 wrote:
Let's say I want to add "~/sh" to PATH and also export TEST="This is a
test."
How exactly do I add this to sysconfig.scm?

What speaks against doing this as a user in .bashrc?

Andreas

The .bashrc created after install is readonly by default. I understand I can chmod it and change it, but I thought the reason for this is exactly that it is the idea of Guix to modify it via the skeleton pairs in sysconfig and not edit it directly.

Is this not so?
--
白い熊@相撲道