guix-devel

Re: import pypi: undefined symbol __gmpn_cnd_sub_n

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: import pypi: undefined symbol __gmpn_cnd_sub_n
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:42:12 +0100

Alexandre Héaumé <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> It’s unclear to me how libhogweed.so gets loaded (nothing here depends
>> on Nettle, AFAIK.)  But it looks like the problem is that /usr/bin/guile
>> (which comes from the host distro) is trying to dlopen stuff that is
>> built with Guix.  This usually won’t work notably because that would try
>> to load different copies of libc.so, libgmp.so, etc.
>
> Makes sense. The guile-gnutls package in ubuntu depends on libhogweed,
> so that's where it comes from.

Oh right, I forgot this one.

> Is it possible that the guile-gnutls bindings from guix are chosen
> over the host bindings, or something along these lines?

Yes, it seems to be the case.  When using Guile from the host distro,
you must use guile-gnutls from the host distro as well.

>> If it does, could you run, from Guix’s top-level build tree:
>>
>>   ./pre-inst-env guile -c '(use-modules (json) (guix pk-crypto))'

[...]

> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libgcrypt", message: "file not found"

Weird, did ./configure even pass?  You can run:

  ./configure --with-libgcrypt-prefix=/usr/whatever/

to make sure it picks libgcrypt.so from the host distro.

HTH,
Ludo’.