guix-devel

Test failure in util-linux

From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama
Subject: Test failure in util-linux
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 16:48:43 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to "guix system build" a smallish configuration (most
settings at their default values). I have installed guix on a freshly
new i686 gNewSense 3.1 (which uses kernel 2.6.32).

The system build fails during "check" phase of util-linux-2.25.2. I have
dug a little on and found the error comes from the fscanf in
util-linux-2.25.2/sys-utils/ipcutils.c:113
expecting 16 values in /proc/sysvipc/shm, while min having only 14. My
impression is util-linux checks have a dependency on the kernel being
fairly recent.

My points:

1) should check phase be disabled for util-linux depending on some
kernel version check?

2) I tried adding "#:tests? #f" to my own modified ~/guix/linux.scm
(copied from system-wide
/usr/local/share/guile/site/2.0/gnu/packages/linux.scm).
This allowed building with
"guix package -L $HOME/guix build util-linux"
but system build still fails during the tests (would seem guix system
ignores -L flag and takes system-wide recipe).

I am fairly new to Guix so might be missing some obvious point. Any
clues?

Thanks,

Carlos

--
'También hay ríos metafísicos, Horacio. Vos te vas a tirar a uno de esos ríos.'

Julio Cortázar, "Rayuela" (1963)