guix-devel

Offloading acquired build slot loop

From: Les Harris
Subject: Offloading acquired build slot loop
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:55:04 -0700

I have the 0.8.1 release of Guix installed on my local machine and am
trying to get offloading configured so builds will occur on a build
server onto which I also have 0.8.1 installed.  Both the local machine
and the build server are x86_64-linux architectures.

I have lsh installed on the local machine and can successfully `lsh
build.server` into the build server.  On the build server, I have set
/gcroots/tmp to be world-writable.

In addition I believe I have done all the documented steps like
generating and authorizing the keys for both the local machine and build
server and have added the build server to the local machine's
machines.scm.

When Guix recognizes a build to be performed it appears to start the
offload. But that process then seems to end up in an endless loop where
it keeps saying it has acquired a build slot:

,----
| process 20852 acquired build slot
| '/usr/local/var/guix/offload/build.server.com/0'
| waiting for locks or build slots...
| process 20852 acquired build slot
| '/usr/local/var/guix/offload/build.server.com/0'
| process 20852 acquired build slot
| '/usr/local/var/guix/offload/build.server.com/0'
| process 20852 acquired build slot
| '/usr/local/var/guix/offload/build.server.com/0'
| process 20852 acquired build slot
| '/usr/local/var/guix/offload/build.server.com/0'
`----

I can go to /usr/local/var/guix/offload on the local machine and see the
following contents:

build.server.com.slots.lock machine-choice.lock build.server.com
(directory which contains a file named 0)

To my limited knowledge, this all looks to be correct.  Can anyone offer
any insight on any configuration steps I might have missed or perhaps
the location of a log that documents the offload that I could search for
an error?

--
Do they only stand
By ignorance, is that their happy state,