guix-devel

Re: GuixSD in a kvm

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: GuixSD in a kvm
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:23:52 -0400

Christian Thaeter <address@hidden> writes:

> When reconfiguring the disk to IDE or Virtio it starts booting but ends
> up in a kernel panic
>  http://public.pipapo.org/guix3.png
>
> killing init? wtf.... anyone has an idea what could be going wrong
> there?

The initrd script threw an error, thus you get a kernel panic.  The
errors in that screenshot show that the initrd couldn't write to
/etc/group when creating your user account, which caused a later call to
'getpw' to fail.

I'm afraid I don't have any ideas of what to try next.  Anyone else?

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org