guix-devel

Re: elogind WIP

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: elogind WIP
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 22:10:17 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:

> I restored a few files needed to produce man page, renamed two instances
> of "systemd.version", and disabled DTD validation.  There are,
> unfortunately, even more XML files that are missing, but they look like
> we shouldn't want them to be part of elogind:
>
>   XSLT     man/sd-login.html
> warning: failed to load external entity "man/libsystemd-pkgconfig.xml"
> man/sd-login.xml:118: element include: XInclude error : could not load
> man/libsystemd-pkgconfig.xml, and no fallback was found
> Makefile:4988: recipe for target 'man/sd-login.html' failed
> make[2]: *** [man/sd-login.html] Error 6

sd-login.html sounds like it may have something to do with the logind
part of systemd, no?

> What to do with these files?  Should we ignore the man page generation
> for now and rewrite the wee bit we need for elogind?  (Or should elogind
> stay close to systemd upstream to make it easier to track development?)

I guess we should stay close to upstream.  Nevertheless, we should skip
manual page generation for now if that’s too much of a hindrance, so we
can get started with the more interesting parts.  WDYT?

Thanks for looking into it!

Ludo’.