guix-devel

Re: GuixSD in a kvm

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GuixSD in a kvm
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 19:02:42 +0200

David Thompson <address@hidden> skribis:

> Christian Thaeter <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When reconfiguring the disk to IDE or Virtio it starts booting but ends
>> up in a kernel panic
>>  http://public.pipapo.org/guix3.png
>>
>> killing init? wtf.... anyone has an idea what could be going wrong
>> there?
>
> The initrd script threw an error, thus you get a kernel panic.  The
> errors in that screenshot show that the initrd couldn't write to
> /etc/group when creating your user account, which caused a later call to
> 'getpw' to fail.

I think the problem is that there’s a stale /etc/group.lock file (this
is what ‘groupadd’ reports.)

Christian: could you try to remove that file (you may need to access the
partition from another system, for example) and reboot?

We shouldn’t be ignoring groupadd’s return value, but there’s nothing
sane we can do, is there?

Thanks,
Ludo’.