guix-devel

Re: Bumping the Guile version requirement

From: Tomáš Čech
Subject: Re: Bumping the Guile version requirement
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 10:17:33 +0200

On Sat, May 09, 2015 at 01:21:27AM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:

I think for 0.8.2 I will actually bump the requirement to Guile 2.0.7 or
2.0.9 (the latter is what Debian 8 has.)  People on older systems will
still be able to install Guix using the binary tarball.

What do people think?

Sounds good to me.  The binary tarball should probably be the preferred
method for installing on top of other distros anyway.

Why?

From packagers POV it is much less welcome to provide binary package instead
building package (which can be reviewed and reproduced) from source code
(which can be reviewed as well).

S_W