guix-devel

Problem with M4 make check when building with target=i686-pc-gnu

From: Manolis Ragkousis
Subject: Problem with M4 make check when building with target=i686-pc-gnu
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 22:21:08 +0300

Hello guys

When I try to cross-build m4 with --target=i686-pc-gnu using our i686-pc-gnu
toolchain, all checks fail from make check with Segmentation fault (status 139).

I tried disabling the check for that platform when cross building but
it produces
a non usable m4. I changed the sources to git, so I can see what will happen
with the latest m4 and while I am waiting for the build to finish I am attaching
any relevant log so you can have a look, because I am sure I am
missing something.

WDYT?

If you want to reproduce it, try "./pre-inst-env guix build
--target=i686-pc-gnu m4"
on wip-hurd (preferably on the repo I keep my experimental changes).

Manolis