guix-devel

ftp Re: --with-store-dir and/or --localstatedir seem to be ignored

From: Alex Vorobiev
Subject: ftp Re: --with-store-dir and/or --localstatedir seem to be ignored
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 20:22:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Thanks! I pulled the master from git and rebuilt/reinstalled guix. Now I
don't see that error! But I do see another one:

$ guix package -i bash
looking for the latest release of GNU bash...FTP to `ftp.gnu.org' failed:
530: User access denied.

I do know that ftp connections are not allowed on my corporate network
for security reasons (http is fine). Is there any way to tell guix not to
use ftp repositories at all?

Thanks,
Alex