guix-devel

Guix feedbacks

From: Daniel Pimentel
Subject: Guix feedbacks
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 01:13:57 -0300

Hi Guix, I have some feedback about site, documentation, Guix 0.8.2 and I'd like your opinion.

First, site: I like the new Guix website. It's beautiful design, so if you put a carrousel effect in screenshot pictures, maybe have more beautiful.

In documentation, there isn't command like "ifconfig eno1 up" for example. Why I speak about it? Because in some cases the interface not get IP with only "dhclient eno1", so in a lot of times I needed this command (up interface), so my suggestion is put in documentation too. References: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/System-Installation.html and https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/System-Installation.html#FOOT11

After install GuixSD 0.8.2, the Grub image (the GuixSd wallpaper, it's amazing) not appear. I need to update system (guix pull; guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm)

I wrote in my blog about free software, GNU, Guix, Emacs, XFCE and others things. So, I'd like opinion about it. Link: https://d4n1.org/guix-install/

So, those are some initial feedback. In soon I send more, and report bug, send path and other.

Thank you for great work. There's constructive criticism :)

--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)