guix-devel

Re: Reproducible profiles

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Reproducible profiles
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 22:05:05 +0200

宋文武 <address@hidden> skribis:

> And how about use specification instead of package, so I can:
>
>   (manifest
>     (map package-specification->manifest-entry
>          '("emacs"
>            "font-adobe-source-han-sans:cn")))

Sure, with:

  (use-modules (gnu) (guix profiles))

  (define package-specification->manifest-entry
    (compose package->manifest-entry
             specification->package))

The advantage of using package names like this is that it’s less
sensitive to module changes; the disadvantage is that it is not as
precise, particularly if there are several packages matching a given
name.

Ludo’.