guix-devel

Re: Guix GnuPg

From: Daniel Pimentel
Subject: Re: Guix GnuPg
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:22:00 -0300

On 2015-05-17 17:18, address@hidden wrote:
Daniel Pimentel <address@hidden> skribis:

So, I install pinentry in my user profile (guix package -i
pinentry). I see other same error in other distribution GNU/Linux, so
I created a gpg-agent.conf file in my gnupg folder (~/.gnupg) then add
path to pinentry:
pinentry-program /home/dani/.guix-profile/bin/pinentry-curses. But
don't work.

I do exactly that but with pinentry-gtk, on GnuPG 2.0, and it works for me.

You probably need to restart gnupg-agent after installing
gpg-agent.conf, and to make sure the right environment variables are
defined in the shell where gpg runs.

I have this in my ~/.xsession:

  eval `gpg-agent --daemon --enable-ssh-support --write-env-file
~/.gnupg-agent-env`

so I can always source ~/.gnupg-agent-env.

HTH,
Ludo’.
Thanks man for your help.

So, in my case (I'm use 'exec startxfce4' in my .xsession and nothing more) gnupg2 not generate key with pinentry (default) or pinentry-curses, but with pinentry-gtk-2 it's work. Then this my solution is add correct path to pinentry-gtk-2 binary: echo "pinentry-program /home/dani/.guix-profile/bin/pinentry-gtk-2" > ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf

This solution work for me and your solution too.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)