guix-devel

Re: Guix Oficial Website

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: Guix Oficial Website
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 10:22:36 -0400

> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 09:43:45AM -0400, David Thompson wrote:
>      John Darrington <address@hidden> writes:
>
>      > On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 09:30:42AM -0400, David Thompson wrote:
>      >      John Darrington <address@hidden> writes:
>      >
>      >      > It would be better if black text on a very dark grey background
> was
>      >      > avoided.
>      >
>      >      Where?  We use white text on every dark background I can see.
>      >
>      > On the top left, just underneath the blue stripe, there is a link
> "GuixSD" in
>      > black text.
>      >
>      > Further down, there are five buttons:
>      >
>      > "GRUB menu", "Graphical log-in screen" ...  all of which are black on
>      > dark grey.
>
>      Those are all images.  You should enable images in your web browser.
>
> Why?  I choose to keep images disabled.  That is my business.

Well, naturally when the user alters the way pages are rendered, it may
not look as intended.  A screenshot section isn't particularly appealing
without images.

> It is not reasonable to expect the user of a website to customise his browser
> setting
> according the whim of the site he happens to be using.  Rather, a good
> website
> design should be useable with any browser.
>
> http://anybrowser.org

Luis will make the alt-text white, which will solve the issue.  Still, I
wish you had mentioned that you browse with images disabled and avoided
this confusion in the first place.  Most people don't do this and
everything looks fine.

--
David Thompson
GPG Key: 0FF1D807