guix-devel

Re: permission denied: /gnu/store/...guile...

From: Daniel Pimentel
Subject: Re: permission denied: /gnu/store/...guile...
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:12:07 -0300

On 2015-05-20 09:24, address@hidden wrote:
Daniel Pimentel <address@hidden> skribis:

I have similar problem, I think. My problem was permission to write
(using sudo) in /gnu/store/ when I needed to enable my correct
synaptics (I copied 50-synaptics.conf file to
/gnu/store/.../xorg.conf.d/), so I needed remount /gnu/store/ (sudo
mount -o remount,rw /gnu/store) to copy this file.

Files in /gnu/store must never be modified, because the whole system
assumes it is indeed immutable.  For this reason, /gnu/store is a
read-only bind-mount on GuixSD.

The solution for Synaptics would be to augment the Xorg service
definition in (gnu services xorg) so that it does the right thing.
What exactly is needed?

Ludo’.

Allright, so I needed to add this code to my touchpad work well:

Section "InputClass"
  Identifier "touchpad catchall"
  Driver "synaptics"
  MatchIsTouchpad "on"
  Option "TapButton1" "1"
  Option "TapButton2" "-1"
  Option "TapButton3" "3"
  Option "VertEdgeScroll" "on"
  Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "on"
EndSection

What's solution? Add it to config.scm (is very long code to it?)?

Thanks,

--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)
GnuPG (0B1A1914)